Perantoni vs. Bobo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on August 06, 2002 at 15:32:37:

I heard Roger Bobo play Cappricio for solo tuba on public radio a few months ago, and I've found that Bobo's Tuba Libera and Daniel Perantoni's Daniel in the Lion's Den have that song. I thought Bobo's rendition was awesome, and the jumps he was playing just blew me away, but I recently bought his Bobissimo CD, as well as Floyd Cooley's Romantic Tuba, so now I'm looking for some tuba music that's a little more...exciting, I guess. I've listened to some samples of the two aforementioned players, but its not like the quality is that good with the samples, and, since the two CDs seem to have many of the same songs, I'm left wondering how Perantoni's CD stacks up against Bobo's, and more specifically, how Perantoni sounds on the Cappricio compared to Bobo. Knowing that the song is pretty much left to the interpretation of the player, can I expect the same clarity and the monster jumps from Perantoni that I've heard from Bobo? I would buy both, but I also have to a bunch of other tuba players I've got to listen to, and I don't want to get too carried away buying all of this tuba music. Thanks in advance,

Dan

Follow Ups: