Re: Oklahoma Update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd S. Malicoate on April 30, 2003 at 12:44:33:

In Reply to: Oklahoma Update posted by Ted Cox on April 30, 2003 at 07:05:55:

I, too, was a student of Ted's, albeit for only one semester when he was teaching at Oklahoma State. I have nothing but positive things to say about him and what he has done for the studio at OU.
However, my biggest question about the whole situation is - where is the search for the newly-opened position? I haven't seen anything in International Musician, or the internet job search engines. I really find this puzzling since I've got a Master's degree in performance/pedagogy sitting on the shelf collecting dust while I look for employment, and here's a major university teaching job 60 miles away that I haven't heard about?
It seems to be that some facts are being assumed to be true that David's post below puts an interesting spin on, don't you think? Amazing how those students (the same one who met with the Provost) can be such a unreliable source of information. Perhaps it explains the administration's "unwillingness to listen" to their opinion.
Ted, I don't know what's going on at OU, but posting unsubstantiated rumors brought forth by your already-frenzied students is, at the very least, counterproductive to your argument that you're being treated unfairly. Let's all just take a deep breath and see what happens.

Follow Ups: