FED UP!!!/Did I piss away my money?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by griping on March 26, 2001 at 10:34:26:

Sorry if I offend a few of you.

I found the posts concerning TUBA and ITEA/ITEC to be enlightening so I made a proposal for at least one regional gathering. Guess what? NO RESPONSES!!!!

I sincerely believe the majority of the people using this site enjoy the information available here. I have learned a few new things and also learned the vast majority of the posters and readers really want someone else to do the thinking for them. I think it was best put by one poster who said there was a Board of Directors for TUBA/ITEA and they should do what the membership wanted. How do they know? Do you tell them? Well, they made a decision and now you don't like it. Sounds like national politics to me. Gripe a lot but make no decisions on your own.

This web site could be a great tool to get us back together just like the founders of T.U.B.A. intended (in my opinion). I truly believe the intent was for us to be a "brotherhood" of like minded individuals. Via the internet, we have now become like minded individualists sitting on our butts anonymously behind a computer screen. I really don't think that's what the founders had in mind.

One national or international get together is not feasible for the majority of us. The regional settings are ideal. We need to remember the KIS principle and just Keep It Simple. Leave the egos at home, gather together and have a good time.

I really hope some of you will respond to this in a positive way. I believe Dennis Askew, among others, would agree. Make TUBA/ITEA everybodies organization again and get back to what Harvey and friends envisioned.

Thanks.

David Wilson

Follow Ups: