Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sage One on January 24, 2000 at 00:38:35:

In Reply to: Anyone go to or know about ucf?? posted by PedalBb on January 23, 2000 at 22:09:34:

PedalBb, you stand in the doorway of adulthood, with one foot in and one foot out. One of the facts of life that you face as an adult is that you must provide for yourself. Of course, marching band is something of an exception (I could explain why, but will do so only if asked), but if you want to have a hobby, you shouldn't expect others to pay for it. If you are pursuing music as a career, that is a legitimate reason to take out a student loan and use it to buy a horn. In either case, you have a summer between now and the fall. If you work nine weeks, 40 hours a week, at $6.00/hr, that comes to $2160. You can buy a serviceable horn for that. Next summer, work again and trade up. By then you should be able to afford a very nice instrument. Just a matter of what is important to you. I'll tell you though, I learned when I was in school that the things you work hardest for are the things you will excel at. My best grades in school were when I was paying my own way working and going to school. My last semester, I completed 23 hours with a 3.5 GPA & worked 35 hours a week. The shrinks call it 'emotional investment'. For once, they're onto something.

Anyhow, good luck. I hope you will understand that I mean you no ill will, and hope that all goes very well for you wherever you go. Just do it as an adult, beholden to no one, not as a child dependent on others.

Follow Ups: