Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More questions :)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on February 14, 2000 at 14:30:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More questions :) posted by Jay Bertolet on February 14, 2000 at 14:06:59:

Actually Jay, you hit the nail on the head for me. I hope you didn't take the question as an affront!!! It defintely wasn't meant as one. The only intrinsic value I have for them is that it gives my HS students more opportunities to transpose one octave either way and gives them some things that are very scalar in nature to play up or down on. It is actually my "set-up" material for extended range work after Kuehns 60 Musical Studies(up and down an octave) and the Practical Studies(ditto). I will second the Tyrell opinions. It was the book I turned to when starting work on the F tuba, as the studies don't go below a low F, they were perfect. Also good work for double tounging. And, alas, there are 1 or 2 that still kick my butt at tempo. Never stop learning or practicing, do we. Do you find it odd that the Cimera 70 Studies don't come up in conversation or usage much? These are good, solid, and somewaht rangy, etudes that have alot to offer. Thanks for your input, your mileage, etc. Who started that? Have peace.

Chuck

Follow Ups: