Re: Re: Re: CC St.Pete any news?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the idea guy on December 16, 2002 at 16:45:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: CC St.Pete any news? posted by Matt G on December 16, 2002 at 16:25:55:

I know some high schools with CC tubas. I never said that the only available tubas were to be CC's. If a school has an instrument that is more desirable to play on than another, a student will strive to gain the playing ability necesarry to either take the horn from the other player, or have the director let them play the horn. As far as fingerings go, its the same as trumpet, C is open, E is open or 1&2 depending, and so on. Fingerings wouldn't be a problem. If a student begins on BBb he/she, should be able to play a CC for a while and switch back to BBb if necessary, esspecially if not playing both keys at the same time. Of course it will be shaky at first, but it would happen. Afterall there are more than likely hundreds of tubists around this country and others who play a BBb sousaphone, and a CC tuba when not marching, and in my case an F tuba too. I'm not saying it comes easily, but its possible.

Follow Ups: