Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson; SEAN, FOR CLARITYS SAKE on August 15, 2000 at 22:54:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own posted by Sean Chisham on August 15, 2000 at 19:04:49:

After 11 wonderful years as an Army tuba player, I decided my life needed another path. I taught at the school for 4 years and played in bands in Atlanta, Seoul, and Fort Monroe. I think they were some of the best times of my life. I too, dreaded the PT test, but after much hard work was able to score consistently above my weight. Thank God for 18 inch necks(of which I possess) or it would have been all over for me on the weigh-ins. Being 6'2" and 215 lbs sounds great until the Army says you have to weigh 207(my table for the time I was in). I hope you enjoy your time half as much as I did. I sense that you may have misunderstood my intentions. The military band system, in any incarnation,anywhere, is a GREAT life. I hope that people understand you can have a full, and very satisfying career, even if you aren't in Washington. Some of the best tuba players I ever had the pleasure to work with were in the "field" Mark Stauffer, Lee Stofer, and Dave Dorrough to mention a few. I hope I have cleared up some of my intent by letting you know my background. I have nothing but the highest respect for the military musician. The commanders are nother story :). Have Peace.

Follow Ups: