Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on August 17, 2000 at 15:44:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own posted by Pete on August 17, 2000 at 02:38:02:

Pete,
Langley has a great band and a fabulous new tuba player, whose name escapes me. You know the shortcomings, rank is still a little slow in the Air Force, but the musical experience will be incredible. I recorded a bunch of cd's back in the late 80's with a group called the National Symphonic Winds that was a pick-up group made up of Langley guys and a few of us Army types. Joe and I played together on 2 of them. They were made for the Wilson Audio company and were pretty amazing. The Langley guys kicked ass, especially a bass trombone player named Garry Gatton. As for Dominion, when I played it was me, Ray Wallace, Dave Witt, and Lee in the bass section. I got out before they went to the NABBA competition due to extreme money problems(house got totaled in the ice storm of 1995, remember that?) and I had some pretty hefty out of pocket expenses to re-do the kitchen. I was stationed in Seoul for a year and loved it, so I can see your hesitancy to leave Japan. You are only young once, I would hang and enjoy life and keep practicing. Yopu have until you are 34 to come back in. Are you playing one of the old Holton 345's? That is one of the few CC tubas I would consider moving back from BBb to. Stay in touch!!!!!

Follow Ups: