Heavy bottom valve caps (Monsterweights)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Will Traphagan on April 14, 2002 at 18:26:52:

In responding to "looking"s questions re the Conn 56J (see "Conn 56J" thread below) I mentioned that I have installed a set of "Monsterweight" heavy bottom valve caps on my 56J and am very pleased with the result. This prompted some discussion and I thought it might be time to open a new thread on this subject.

In my case, I obtained an extra set of 4 bottom caps, and asked Mark Finley to make "Monsterweights" out of them. He did so, and I experimented by using all 4, or less than 4 in varying combinations. Personally, I like the increased "ring" or "presence" or "projection" (whatever you want to call it) with all 4 installed, and that is what I have been using ever since. For me, the heavy caps are a really valuable addition to my 56J. I'm not into the theory ? just happy with the results. ("Lew" offers a good explanation of the theory in the "Conn 56J" thread.)

I would loveto hear from others that are using Mark's Monsterweights, and I would encourage anyone interested in getting more information to contact Mark Finley, the guy that designed and makes them. Mark's URL is listed below...

Follow Ups: