Atkins Diet and tuba playing.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dieting freak on April 09, 2002 at 22:38:17:

I don't know if *anyone* has any experience with this...

I recently (like in the last couple of days) went on the Atkin's Diet again. For those of you unfamiliar, this is the one where you eliminate any and all carbohydrates from your diet that you can. Sugars, breads, starches, etc. Basically, anything you want to eat, you get the nutrition information, and make sure you're staying under 20g of carbs per day. I did it once and lost 40 pounds.

ANYWAYS... when I went on it before, I wasn't playing much, so I didn't encounter this particular problem. I was in community band rehearsal this evening, and we're playing a transcription of the Bach Fantasia in G major. Well, I was trying to hot-dog it and take things down the octave in the louder sections, for the organ pedal effect. After a few minutes of this, my whole chest cavity and my hands started to go numb. It got to the point that I couldn't even get a full lung of air anymore -- my lower lungs just REFUSED to work. I was even talking funny -- and was REALLY worried that I was going to pass out or something.

Has ANYONE else experienced this??? Or am I just a freak?

--- Dieting Freak

Follow Ups: