TUBA journal-YAWN!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on April 28, 2001 at 12:49:37:

that was my reaction yesterday when the latest journal arrived. Nothing special. No articles that got me excited to show them to my student to encourage them to subscribe. No artices that I knew I would re-read dozens of times in my life. It seems the last few issues have been very euphonium heavy, but I don't know if this is a plot to recruit more euphonium players. The latest issue has 3 main articles, and two of them are on the euph. the third is a behind the cutain look at the "portrait of an artist" CD. Not bad, but not enough to get me to re-subscribe when my year is up.

I just get a little tired of the same old tired ads we have seen a dozens of time, including one for the tubastore that promos a convention show on nov 12th, 2000!

What would I like to see? don't really know, but I would like to see something different.
Maybe more articles on or by famous players, past and present.
Maybe a regular section on historical instruments.
What about a classified ad section? or at least list set up a for sale/WTB section at the ITEA web site.
Maybe more articles on equipment, new products, ect, ect...........

enough of my rant, what do you want to see in the journal? post your suggestions, we know the powers that be will at least read them, maybe even use some of them.

Follow Ups: