Re: TUBA journal-YAWN!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arnold on April 28, 2001 at 14:54:08:

In Reply to: TUBA journal-YAWN! posted by Mark F. on April 28, 2001 at 12:49:37:

What would I like to see?
Well just to name a few, I would like interviews with my heroes, similar to the 10 great interviews CNN.com did for it's career section about NY Phil players. I would like detailed descriptions of auditions, in example all the speculation about BSO. Couldn't they do an article on what exerpts were on the first round, second round etc... Sort of a play by play, how many went on, who did go on etc... They could always interview people after the audition, so as not to disrupt. I think that would be really cool. What do the pros practice? I want specific materials. What did they work on while in school? Are they happy with what they recieved? If so why? If not why not? I feel I can say this because at least I have provided some ideas as to what I would rather see, things I don't care to see anymore, ophicleide in Bb vs. C, frankly if I wanted to learn about these things I could do my own research. Would it really cost that much more to print separate versions for different languages? Sadly enough the thing I enjoy most about the current journals are the recital programs, I like to see what other people are playing and where they are from. Again blast me all you want, but these are just my ideas. I too was disappointed with my journal yesterday. I am very serious when I say that the envelopes they come in are very absorbant and are great for practicing on carpet. Again, what do you guys want to see??? I realize you are frustrated with the current journals but I am sure some of you fellow gen Xers could make the publication really cool. Sean thanks for the vine,
Arnold

Follow Ups: