Re: Re: Kalison D.S.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric F. on September 06, 2001 at 02:24:09:

In Reply to: Re: Kalison D.S. posted by Jason on September 06, 2001 at 00:25:45:

You basically hit it right on the nose. I am in my third year of college, and the more I grow musically, the unhappier I get with my tuba. Not saying it is all the horn, but I agree 100% with the problems with intonation, brightness (although it can be nice) and the valve transitions. I also get irritated with the basic construction of the horn. I have never seen a tuba that can be detached easily into so many smaller parts. Although it can be great for cleaning purposes, I sometimes just want to weld the bugle section to the host section. I know all it would take are replacements, but the four little screws that hold it together rattle whenever I play above a forte, and I have to screw them back in. Too many little pieces means more little things than can go wrong. Oh well...all just a matter of opinion. I am sure there will be somebody who reads this (maybe even you) who totally disagrees. Thank you for your input, Jason.

Follow Ups: