Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GC on October 23, 2002 at 14:17:58:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King posted by Philip Jensen on October 23, 2002 at 13:05:44:

I like my new 2341 a lot, but I have been disappointed in the stuffiness of 4th valve combinations; with the tiny bore of the horn, though, it's understandable. I would have liked a wider bore in the 4th valve, as most of the rest of you have said.

What I really would like, though, is a 5th valve add-on kit from UMI. This horn gets difficult to lip into tune in the pedal register, and the stuffiness of the 4th valve is frustrating. I use false tones almost all the time from Eb to Cb, and I can get a good bit of volume from them. I know that it's probably just my lip, but my tone changes so radically on the false tones that it can be really distracting. The tone with the 4th valve combinations is more cleaner and consistent with the tone in the rest of the low range, but I can't get control of my intonation and can't get much volume. A 5th valve would at least let me get a better handle on the intonation problem.

Follow Ups: