Re: irked about parents

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by james on November 18, 2001 at 18:50:26:

In Reply to: irked about parents posted by Julie on November 16, 2001 at 23:28:15:

my parents recently bought me a new horn(MW2145). they live in what is considered a upper middle class atlanta area subdivision. does this mean i am spoiled? i don't think so. i am in my third year of college and was in my second year at the time was by no means a phenomonal player. however, my parents could see that i was serious about wanting to be a professional musician down the road. my parents also lived in pretty confined means before my dad got a better job in atlanta. he owned a business that during it's first year allowed him to bring home a whopping $4000. this was with two kids and a wife to support. i worked every summer on our small farm as i grew up. i also worked summers to buy my first car which seems to be rare these days. this taught me to appreciate things when they are given to me and trust me, i appreciate the tuba my parents gave me. do a little less worrying about what others' parents do for them and worry more about practicing and being a good musician which is the most important thing.

james

Follow Ups: