Kelly mpcs...fun/cheap

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on May 01, 2003 at 17:31:49:

I just received a surprise shipment of a bunch of Kelly brass instrument mouthpieces, along with the literature.

These are made of lexan (like the polycarbonate used to make panels for electric signs in front of businesses on highways), and are made in clear, solid colors, and tinted (opaque?) colors.

The tuba versions (surprising three choices) are "Kellyberg" (a really decent Helleberg), 18, and 25.

The only things for euphonium are are small shank 6-1/2AL and a large shank 5G. Actually, they're good too.

Besides "cold weather" mouthpieces, they sound fine, are REALLY comfortable, and might become some folks' "regular" mouthpieces (maybe mine???).

What makes them fun is that they are CHEEEEEP! (really cheap) yet good...plus all of the wild colors.

For you gadget addicts, I don't see them coming out it "chunky" versions...uhhh, these things weigh about NOTHING and "NOTHING X 2" still doesn't add up to much. You techno-guys will just have to collect all of the different colors + clear.

Your local store ought to have these soon as they're begin promoted fairly aggressively. Anyway, if you saw them, were curious, but suspected they're junk - actually they're OK.

This is my last word about mouthpieces for awhile. Get one and have fun with it. Get a BLUE one or a GREEN one or a PINK one or a BLACK, YELLOW, ORANGE, LIME, PURPLE, WHITE, or CLEAR one, but the RED ones sound the best!

;^)

Follow Ups: