Re: Kelly mpcs...fun/cheap

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee Stofer on May 03, 2003 at 06:39:50:

In Reply to: Kelly mpcs...fun/cheap posted by js on May 01, 2003 at 17:31:49:

While at the NAPBIRT (National Instrument Repair Association) Convention in Cleveland last weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kelley and checking out his line of mouthpieces. I was ready to accuse him of discrimination, as he had samples of trumpet and trombone/euph. mouthpieces in every conceivable color, but only had tuba mouthpieces in clear Lexan. He assured me that the full variety of colors would be available in just a few days. I bought a clear "Kelleyberg" which should be seeing a lot of action on gigs. The Lexan is quite durable, and since it weighs so little, is much less likely to get dings in the rim/dents in the shank if dropped. They will soon be available in retail outlets for $30.00 apiece, which I think is a good deal for a mouthpiece that plays quite well and should last a long time. Perhaps the best feature is the consistency of these mouthpieces. Mr. Kelley and I discussed the fact that they are not machined, but are molded, so every one is exactly the same. I like my clear "Kelleyberg", but I can hardly wait to get one in "Purple Passion" ;^)

Lee Stofer

Follow Ups: