Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Besson (Nirschl) CC tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Volker on May 31, 2002 at 10:10:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Besson (Nirschl) CC tuba posted by Rick Denney on May 31, 2002 at 09:23:30:

Rick,
The facts - as far as I know them - are in detail:
B & M Symphonic was taken over by W.Schreiber in Feb.2002, who in turn are a member of the Boosey & Hawkes group.
Before, Walter had already been working for B & H for 2 years, so, in consequence they agreed to join officially in the way as being outlined above.
The production factory for brass wind instruments in Geretsried remains the same as before (since 1948) under the B & M brand - with Walter Nirschl as the president.
As far as I understood, nothing will be changed as far as our forum subjects are concerned, but I suppose, the present lead time is longer than in the past because of Walter's bilateral job - both in a geographical and maybe task related sense.
W.Schreiber seems to have a factory in Markneukirchen.
Walter does not want to do any promotion at present, since he is very satisfied and well provided with the international pros' orders - which is causing lead times of about 9 months recently.
However, his heart belongs to the vintage collection horns, thus he always has an open ear for my vintage overhaul desires (in the way of personal contacts and visits)- even being ready to meet on a weekend.

Follow Ups: