Re: Shorter tuning slide etc. of 981 tubas?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on June 12, 2003 at 21:30:19:

In Reply to: Shorter tuning slide etc. of 981 tubas? posted by Bill on June 12, 2003 at 08:39:07:

My original posting of 2 years ago stands despite an anonymous attempt to blur the picture:

http://www.chisham.com/tips/bbs/jun2001/messages/60824.html

An illustration of the original leadpipe of the 981 can be found via the page linked to below here (click the "Sovereign 981-982-992 tubas.pdf"-link). There it can be compared with the higher leadpipe of the 982.

Today the 981 and 982 have identically placed leadpipes. The difference is, that the leadpipe of the 981 expand much faster up to the .689 bore.

If your ordered 982 tuning slide is too long, there are easy answers to that. But try it out for a period of real playing before you let it cut.

It is very long ago since I have had an Imperial Eb in my hands, so I don't remember, whether that model has the very thickly walled tuning slide branches of the Sovereigns. I cannot get to my 981 at this time of the night, but you can post the outer diameters of your male tuning slide branches, then I can compare with mine tomorrow.

Klaus

Follow Ups: