Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Was Blue Shades topic below

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on June 26, 2002 at 12:09:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Was Blue Shades topic below posted by James McNeil on June 26, 2002 at 04:09:12:

Are you a lawyer? If so, I'm sure we would all appreciate where case law is in this matter. I'd gladly concede any point to an attorney who works in this field. I'm only going one what I read in the law itself, interpreting is as someone who is not a lawyer but who has much experience reading legal documents.

As I said elsewhere, juries would likely be sympathetic, but you don't get a hearing before a jury until after you've paid your lawyer, prepared a case, and showed up in court. Has that ever happened to you? It's nearly as bad as a guilty verdict.

I even mentioned (today, at least) why copyright holders might at least threaten enforcement even though the party they accuse is not someone they want to hurt.

And I also suggested that this particular case might well fall under fair use, which allows copying without permission under certain circumstances, for educational or critical use. Did you not read that?

Rick "who doesn't appreciate being blamed for a law he didn't write just because he's one of few not too lazy to read it" Denney

Follow Ups: