Re: Re: Re: a question for 5 valve Eb players

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on July 01, 2001 at 03:55:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: a question for 5 valve Eb players posted by Richard on June 30, 2001 at 23:56:16:

Gentlemen, thank you.

Ken, who would suggest I turn the horn over to for refitting the valves? Also, I could ask Boosey for the last incarnation of their 981 leadpipe - that might be more comfortable. Indeed, I did piece this thing together with John Fletcher's input. I even had the "Phil Parker cut" made on the back side of the horn (don't ask me which branches, as I have no idea how they're numbered or named). I do like the tone of this beast.

Richard, the new Conn's (52J or 56J) are definitely horns that I've been considering. I know I'd love those horns, because I've very much enjoyed playing on a friend's old Conn CC. Now things are getting even more complicated with the price of the MW 2145 going down, and the new W.N. Besson CC coming around. But I'm also really drawn to the kind of sound and playing that Marty Erickson is getting out of his Willson Eb. I will work more on my m.p. playing - anything to improve upper range security.

More comments would certainly be welcomed.
Barry

Follow Ups: