Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a question for 5 valve Eb players

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on July 01, 2001 at 07:16:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a question for 5 valve Eb players posted by Barry Guerrero on July 01, 2001 at 05:20:28:

As I yet have to experience flatness relative to an ensemble, a cut hardly is called for. As much more a my caliper reveals no straight tubing of the main bugle on the backside of my 191 (made on order in 1999). The tubing even expands through the ferrules.

The only straight tubing on the backside is found in the 4th valve loop, which hardly is, what we discuss here.

As you apparently like the sound of your refitted horn, why then thinking of getting a new one?

Your noise problems could very well come from the metal valve guides. B&H is not the company most eager to retool, so maybe a qualified repairman might be able to confirm my strong suspicion, that the present day mounted-on-a-disk nylon guides will be usable on your instrument with as little trouble as the drilling/machining of a hole or two in the top circular brass plate end of your pistons. One hole for "venting" and one for searing the gude properly.

Klaus

Follow Ups: