Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cimbasso poll

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Mills on July 25, 2002 at 08:16:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cimbasso poll posted by Chuck(G) on July 24, 2002 at 10:13:11:

If logical nomenclature is used (as in the tuba world-tenor,bass and contrabass , the trombone shaped(horizontal,with no bend to the floor) valve instruments in F or Eb are true valve " bass" trombones(trombone basso) as called for in many 19th century italian operas.A true contrabass trombone as in Wagner would be in CC or BBb. The modern bass trombone in Bb is REALLY a large bore tenor trombone with added valves. A REAL bass trombone would be in G(British) or F or Eb.Ain't that right?

Follow Ups: