Re: Re: good Eb tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony E on January 10, 2004 at 21:25:33:

In Reply to: Re: good Eb tuba posted by LV on January 10, 2004 at 20:03:33:

LV,

Regarding the Wilson Eb, you just wrote that you that you "didn't like the tone color palette, felt "lumbering".

I'm just currious. Aren't you the LV who just over a year ago wrote the review (still on the Brasswind site) regarding the same horn saying "The Willson 3400 is the best 5/4 Eb on the planet. Very nimble. Big low register. Sound is full, open and even, top to bottom. Quality is top notch. A very special instrument. It is, by far, my favorite instrument."?

I understand that a review is always given at a specific point in time and reflects your experience at that time. But, would it be safe to say the Wilson is no longer, by far, your favorite instrument? If, over time, you developed a more qualified view of the horn, have you considered updating or recalling your review, since it's still being used to sell the model?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting anything is wrong...just wondering if you remembered the review was out there and in use(assuming there aren't 2 LV's), and what you think about it.

Tony "just looking to kick around an interesting question" E

Follow Ups: