Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: +Philip Jones+

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on January 24, 2000 at 01:53:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: +Philip Jones+ posted by Jay Bertolet on January 23, 2000 at 10:34:06:

That's why public domain laws may not be such a bad thing. For example, look at all of these fly by night labels who charge outrageous prices for old, pirated Furtwaengler, Toscannini, Mengelberg - you name 'em. That stuff should the the cheapest kind of CD's around. Why? Because you know darn well that those families and estates are not receiving one bloody cent in royalties. The bottom line is this: Vote with your dollars. That's why I advize young people to put some of their spare mouthpiece money into improving their listening habits. I'm convinced that that'll do more for their playing (and soul) than collecting boxes full of mouthpieces. Others may disagree, but I've turned in some real decent performances of Mahler symphonies and other BIG rep. - not because I'm a great player who practices thousands of hours, but I because I know those works the way most people know their favorite pop songs - I know them cold and REALLY love 'em. In other words, I couldn't miss. Man, speaking of ranting . . .

Follow Ups: