Re: How much should one charge?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jose on January 19, 1999 at 22:09:55:

In Reply to: How much should one charge? posted by MCT-bone on January 19, 1999 at 17:09:17:

It's just the matter of using good buisness skills. The best way to decide how much to charge would be to go and see what other tuba teachers are charging and doing, talk to the teachers and their students to see what people are paying for tuba lessons then fix your prices accordingly. People will be more willing to come to you if you are offering a good deal for the lowest price. The first step that I made was going out and seeing what the other tuba teachers wasn't doing. I've charged students 20 dollars for every half hour and 30 for a whole hour while everbody else had charged from 40 for a half an hour to 60 dollars an hour. The first lesson was free and on top of that If they prefered it or they didn't have a way to the school or my house I would go to the student's house. Guess who won out at the end. Instead of some of the students going to pay all of the extra bucks for the lessons that they were getting they came to me and paid less. Whenever the other tuba teachers started catching on I would think of something else (furnish the books, go out and get the students into gigs, etc). However kept a low profile so that other tuba teachers didn't know the better deal that I was offering. It's all in the matter of using good buisness skills.

Follow Ups: