Re: Tuba Music and Recordings OOP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 27, 2001 at 22:43:00:

In Reply to: Tuba Music and Recordings OOP posted by Steve Shoop on February 27, 2001 at 13:05:50:

I echo the other posters who mentioned any of the Torchinsky books that are out of print. They all are worthwhile. To that, I would add the old Sear/Waldeck book of excerpts. This one will NEVER be reprinted because it included parts from pieces that are still under copyright like Wozzeck, among others. That book is almost as useful as any others I have because of the sheer number of tunes, almost all of which are unobtainable anywhere else.

I also wish they (whoever they are) would re-release several of the old vinyl LP's that are absolute treasures in our business. The CSO excerpt album. The Empire Brass recording of the first 3 Ewald quintets. All of Harvey's solo albums. So much of our history is inaccessible to the next and future generations because they don't have a turntable! A library style archive of these treasures would be a really nice thing, a project I'm sure many of my colleagues would support financially.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: