Re: Re: Re: what's up with orchestral playing?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd on February 25, 2000 at 17:35:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: what's up with orchestral playing? posted by Chuck Jackson on February 25, 2000 at 12:45:07:

Hi,

Well...first my apologies. My post was more of a self reflection. The rotting was not meant to offend people. I've just had too much personal experience seeing band directors who seem like they are good musicians but have just taught band and become grumpy and disgruntled with their decision to teach music. I love to perform and I love to teach...but my heart is more in the performing. I don't want to find myself going down the path of a 'continually auditioning tubist" if that may not be my bag. I would love to teach an elementary school band program and still be able to play locally. My original post was INTENDED to ask "IS THERE anyone on the list who is a public school music educator who has been able to balance a healthy mix of teaching and performing?" I'm afraid that there will become a point when I graduate from college and I will cease to find performing opportunities.

I'm sorry for personally offending you, Chuck. I could definately see how my post could be read the way you did. I'm on your side! :)

Todd Morgan

Follow Ups: