Re: Re: Re: Re: Teaching and reality

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by no name on December 19, 2003 at 00:23:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Teaching and reality posted by tony on December 18, 2003 at 21:39:47:

This discussion brought up some good points. I agree with some of all sides. My only last 2 cents on that issue taxpayer dollars aside (which I thought was interesting) and "higher learning" aside as a student I had peers who had scholarships in a masters program that didnt know their fingerings. Were talking fat finger masters student with scholarships. Scholarships are income to a school as much as paid tuition is. This is abuse. I know I bring up something that sounds extreme but when "scholarships" and financial aid are provided just to fill the class there is a big problem. I agree with tony also that schools are for higher learning and we need that space in our culture. Masters students who dont know their fingerings for D flat below the staff would be very much lower learning. I promise Im not exagerrating or expanding someones mistakes. Im talking about consistent playing levels. Everyone screws up and has a bad day.

Follow Ups: