Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best CC Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck on August 07, 2001 at 09:39:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best CC Tubas posted by Jay Bertolet on August 06, 2001 at 22:11:36:

The HB-6 is the 5/4 rotary CC. It's a very tall horn (41"+) with an 18" bell. Though the bell isn't that wide, the throat on the bell is humongous, as well as the bottom bow. The bore through the valves is very large - maybe .830" or somewhere around there. Sumner Erickson plays this tuba, so does Alan Baer, and Norm Pearson did until he got his "Yorkaha." I use this tuba as my big horn, and like it very much.

I think that I have played that 4-piston 4/4 CC to which you refer. I played it at a conference where Southern California music retailers were represented. I think it was owned by Crescendo Marketing and had been in a back room for years because it wouldn't sell! It was the first Hirsbrunner I had ever played and was blown away by the tone and ease of playing. I don't know if it has been sold since then. It was 4-5 years ago. If you can find Chris Clark from Crescendo Marketing in Southern California, he might be able to tell you where it went.

Follow Ups: