Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alabama Symphony

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micky Wrobleski on May 01, 2002 at 17:12:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alabama Symphony posted by ... on May 01, 2002 at 16:13:15:

Just a couple of thoughts......

Normally, I sit idlely by and watch and read all the posts here on the BBS. Unfortuunately, it seems that BBS doesn't stand so much for Bulletin Board Service as Big Bull-S**T Service. I am not taking sides of either person, nor am I trying to ruffle any feathers. I think that lines in the sand have been drawn and the two parties should resolve them on their own, AWAY from this list. It seems to be kind of a soap opera here and, while entertaining to read, it's a waste of time and energies. I think that the point of ...'s that the situation is tenuous, is valid and i appretiate the heads-up. I think that any job is tenuous at first, for anyone. Even in some of the regional orchestras I perform with have probationary periods, and, believe it or not, they take them very seriously.
It doesn't matter if I'm on their sub-list or not, it doesn't matter if I received an unsollicited invitation to their audition or not, it doesn't matter if I am the music director's love child with the personnel manager. As I see it, whatever the situation is/was in Alabama, parties were not happy. It happens and this is unfortunate. There are several scenarios that could have let to the opening. Whatever they are or are not, the person who is chosen to fill the position has to be flexible, and at the same time, steadfast in their musical ideals and personal integrity.

I know not many people are going to agree with what I say, but I'll sign my name anyway...because I like omlettes
Micky Wrobleski

Follow Ups: