Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alabama Symphony

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tou.... on May 01, 2002 at 19:11:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alabama Symphony posted by ... on May 01, 2002 at 17:36:14:

...che. However, I was not attacking your playing (I've never met you and I'm not even sure of your name, so that would be a hard thing to do) and I'm sorry you took it as an attack of that sort. There are many reasons that a person may be dropped from a sublist, and inavailability is probabaly number one. It's happened to me, as I'm sure it's happened to the majority of free-lance musicians at one time or another. I had merely come to the conclusion from your posts that you had a personal axe to grind with the ASO, which appears to me to be the case.

The best advice for auditionees was stated somewhere above..."Practice your a$$ off and win the job." Then deal with any problems (real or perceived) later.

Good luck to everyone who plays. It's a fine orchestra that's playing some great stuff next year (Bartok Concerto, Alpine Symphony, Petrushka, Mahler 6th) in a really nice hall.

Follow Ups: