Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well, wet my knickers...!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on September 18, 2003 at 00:07:31:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well, wet my knickers...!!! posted by W.W.W.-J.D. ? on September 17, 2003 at 21:16:46:

Laws, schmaws. Buildings are old around here. Wheelchair ramps are on the other side of the building, leading to doors that are locked at night (we rehearse and perform in schools). And the case still has to be hoisted into the car, not to mention that not many cars will hold it.

I carried my York Master in a large Johnson case down Chuck's front stairs. I was in good shape--a month before completing an Ironman triathlon--and it winded me. And, yes, we got it in the back seat of the full-sized Pontiac, but it required extreme seat movements to do so and it took 15 minutes.

I agree with the notion that the bag offers no protection, but it does offer the ability to carry my music, mouthpiece, and music glasses without having to grow another arm. I don't drop it, and I don't rub it against walls or lean against it. It's a convenient handle. Plus, the Holton isn't exactly blessed with well-balanced handles that don't stress the small tubes, and that allow the use of only one hand.

Remember that we amateurs are constantly playing in different places after their normal hours. Often, we can't scope out the easiest path, and often, the door it goes through is locked.

Because of dents in my Cerveny, I built a wooden hard case on wheels. I used it for six months, but in the end it just wasn't workable. And that case was a lot more compact that a WJ case for a 6/4 Holton.

Rick "not without experience on this subject" Denney

Follow Ups: