Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well, wet my knickers...!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by W.W.W.-J.D. ? on September 17, 2003 at 21:16:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well, wet my knickers...!!! posted by Rick Denney on September 17, 2003 at 18:51:53:

"I have also a bit of experience with the large Walt Johnson case, and only curved corners make it easier to manage than an Anvil."

My W.J. case, once on the ground, balances and rolls like a feather...much lighter than a 25 lb. tuba + a 3 lb. bag. Yeah, if I have to go upstairs, I use the elevator. If a building doesn't have an elevator, it has handicap ramps (laws, y'know).

What do you do when your tuba is in the back of your vehicle in a bag? Do you have a way to secure it back there, in case of emergency braking/turning, etc.? I tried to fit one of my rear seatbeats around my no-case "big" tuba (with a quilt around it) once, and the seat belt wouldn't reach around it.

I'm (actually) a practitioner (when I can manage it) of "hard case-or-nothing". The bag simply wastes my time, as it offers no protection and is a bother. If I can manage to transport the instrument (quilt-and-seatbelt, etc.) reasonably safely without a troublesome case or a troublesome bag, I can simply pull my "bare" instrument out of my vehicle and schlep it on my shoulder.

Follow Ups: