Re: Re: Re: Empire Brass Concert Last night

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade Rackley on September 22, 2002 at 11:15:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Empire Brass Concert Last night posted by Jay Bertolet on September 22, 2002 at 10:33:25:

Man, you are NOT KIDDING about that recording! I loved that one so much...I used to listen to it each day before walking to my 8:00 am Theory Classes. Unfortunately, I had to sell it due to my extreme poverty at that time.

I also had an old recording that the Canadian Brass had made of standard lit (no custom arrangements, or at least not many). I was told that is was made as the "prize" for some big international competition that they had won; I really don't know about that, however. But is was quite good. Chuck D. was playing a Miraphone CC (the same one that he is pictured holding on the back of the "China" album). It was the first recording of the Arnold Quintet that I had ever heard. Man...

And then there was the NYBQ recording of the Jan Bach "Laudes" that set my hair on end...classic Toby Hanks!

All three of those early recordings really made me want to get into the Quintet literature; excellent stuff!

I wish that I still had them.

Sorry for going sort of off-topic. Jay just flooded my head with fond memories.

Wade

Follow Ups: