Re: Re: Re: Re: New York Phil on PBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on September 24, 2001 at 13:21:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: New York Phil on PBS posted by rumor monger? on September 24, 2001 at 11:19:22:

spider-mtc-td071.proxy.aol.com,

I just want to be clear about what you are saying before I decide about the validity of the idea, despite the fact that you posted it anonymously. Are you saying that because the person who started this garbage stated that the rumor wasn't substantiated, and that he then wished Warren well, and that this all resulted in a call for someone close to the situation to respond authoritatively, that this isn't rumor-mongering?

I'm sorry, I just don't see the difference between what you're defining and plain old gossip. Rumors take on a life of their own exactly because of attitudes like you've described, when people stop thinking gossip is a bad thing because the folks who do it "care". I can appreciate that folks who posted were maybe not being malicious but the damage still is done. I hope we all can remember that there are real people behind these horns, with real lives. Those who would spread rumors of this sort would do well to reflect on how they would feel if the rumor was about themselves.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: