Re: Re: Re: New York Phil on PBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rumor monger? on September 24, 2001 at 11:19:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: New York Phil on PBS posted by Jay Bertolet on September 24, 2001 at 08:38:56:

Point well taken Jay, unfortunately I can't agree 100%. I do agree with your points about rumor mongoring, but don't find them entirely applicable in this instance. In the two particular instances on this board that it was mentioned, it was made clear that it was heard from someone who was not identified as a verifiable source, and that the poster wished Mr. Deck well, no matter what the situation. Additionally, it was asked that someone who actually "new something" contributed to the conversation. I, being someone who posted on the subject, don't view that as rumor mongering, but as a group of musicians particularly concerned about one of their fellow musicians, and searching for the facts.

That being said, I do agree that it was in poor taste to spread the "rumor" to this board without knowing the facts, but that, I think, was more a result of innocent naivity, and carried no mal-intentions(at least, in my case).

I do wish the best to Mr. Deck, no matter what the situation, and will continue to enjoy hearing his performances of the past, and hopefully in the future.

Follow Ups: