Re: Re: Re: Would this bother anyone else??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel C. Oberloh on September 15, 2001 at 19:11:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Would this bother anyone else?? posted by Klaus on September 13, 2001 at 20:38:22:

Having been a Tech for a while I must admit that I cannot remember what a 5J looks like off the top of my head. My experience is that few people use this model in the North West and this is why I am not familiar with it. The majority of repair shop staffs have a minimal amount of experience at dealing with tubas and to expect them to know the make and model as well as the felt dimention, out of the gate, is silly. Klaus has pointed out a number of makers and he only mentioned the obvious and not all of them. I have friends, who are into RC aircraft and they know all the details about engines and designs but this is understandable because they are into it as enthusiasts much the way so many tuba players are. I have my own interests outside of music and instrument repair and it is amazing what you can learn and recall about a subject you are passionate about. So if tuba is not a passion with the repairman it does not mean he cannot do good work and if you do not wish to have work done by same simply because they are not as enthusiastic about the horn as the player then all I can say is better luck with the next repair shop you patronise. My thoughts for what they are worth.

Follow Ups: