Re: Quality of construction

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on September 29, 1999 at 08:53:52:

In Reply to: Quality of construction posted by D. Seebaugh on September 28, 1999 at 18:11:55:

Mr. Seebaugh,
I was both interested and a little surprised to see your post. I play in a small orchestra in Wisconsin and I sit next to a fellow with a fairly new silver Besson euphonium. It is a beautiful horn that cost him a lot of money. He spent a lot of money on it and is constantly complaining about it. I think he's had it worked on several times. I recently purchased a horn and when looking, I found a silver Besson tuba w/piston valves in the Brasswind catalog that I really liked. I don't remember the model # right now, but it too was a beautiful horn that I was told sounded very nice. However, after speaking with the euphonium player, I decided against it. I guess that's the moral of my story...in this quest of finding a good horn, you've done the right thing by asking others in the field. That is your best option, I know it was for me. I can't give you much advice on which euphonium is the best quality, but most of the companies you listed produce excellent instruments. Of course, if you have mucho daneiro, you can always opt for the Ferrari of instruments, the Hirsbrunner...no one could go wrong there!!!hehe

Follow Ups: