Besson 983

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SkyviewTuba on October 22, 2002 at 23:38:16:

I was looking through the archives, looking at the descriptions of various keys of horns. The one that intrigued me the most was the EEb--something that gould still hold presence in the low register while maintaining an excellent high register. I then went through reading the descriptions of individual horns--Hirsbrunners, Wilsons, and Nirschls. I then went on to read about Patrick Sheridan's "Horn of Choice," the Besson 983. The majority of the comments I've read were generally positive, and most of the negatives were a couple of years old. So, I got to thinking: over the last couple of years, has the general quality/consistency of this horn improved? Also, what do these babies run for new? I'll be getting a job soon, and I'm looking for something to replace the school's bulky bangup 641. Anything that would allow me to excel in solos/small ensembles is a definite plus. It looks like it may be this.

God, I wish I could take a trip to try one of these things out. Does anyone know of stores that sell this horn who offer payment plans? It'd rock if TubaChristmas had a new meaning...

Follow Ups: