Re: Re: MW182 vs Yamaha 621

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon Brady on October 16, 2002 at 17:59:42:

In Reply to: Re: MW182 vs Yamaha 621 posted by Doug Whitten on October 16, 2002 at 09:22:59:

Oh well, here I go.

I have seen many post bashing the Yamaha's and this is certainly not directed to you personnally,but I must say that I am always amused by these theads.

Yamaha is probably on par with any instrument manufactured today. Yes they are expensive. Yes the sound it shall we state "generic". But perhaps the sound is only generic with generic players. I searched for many years to find an instrument that would actually let me have my own sound. I tried many instruments of all costs. I have owned many tubas and was never satisfied with my sound, then it happened I developed my own sound. I then quit looking for an instrument that would shape my sound, but for one that would allow me to take my mind's eye sound and let me put my sound into the horn.

I saved for many years and bought many tubas that fit my budget. None of them fit my sound. (Again, I mention my sound, not the instrument's) Only the Yamaha allowed me to be me. I now owned a Yamaha 822S CC and a Yamaha 621S F and would even like a EEb. They are expensive but every dime is worth it to play like me and not a horn.

Perhaps I am out of line but, it is true only when you have played many decades can you truly have your sound in you.

Good luck and I hope you all find your sound.

Follow Ups: