Re: Leaving the board, sadly.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on October 10, 2002 at 12:02:49:

In Reply to: Leaving the board, sadly. posted by Alan Herold on October 10, 2002 at 09:52:27:

Although I understand your complaints, and agree these are certainly a distraction, personally I don't believe it diminishes the value of this forum. There is not doubt that clicking and reading meaningless drivel and such is a nuisance, but there is a lot more good "stuff" than there is bad. It is also amusing for a person to have their say on a subject and then get blasted by those who seem to think they know more than anyone else in the history of the universe. Though I seldom post anything myself, I really enjoy reading what others have to say. Sometimes what they say is, to put it simply, wrong. More often, though, I learn a great deal from others with knowledge on various aspects of music and brass playing, equipment, repairs, and the like. Many of these people have extensive information to share, and I truly appreciate the fact that they choose to participate and contribute to the board.

In short, I, for one, intend to continue to be a part of "the board." Warts and all!

Best wishes from Texas,

Ray Grim

Follow Ups: