Re: Playing loud with a good sound

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on October 01, 2000 at 19:26:17:

In Reply to: Playing loud with a good sound posted by Tubanator on October 01, 2000 at 15:00:49:

play louder and sound better...???

...If someone asked me to do that, I guess I would hire a better player and get a microphone for them.

-just kidding. >>>>>>>

DOUBLE BUZZES are caused by one lip being weaker than the other, and since it is not capable of being supported as firmly as the other, acoustics cause it to buzz HALF as fast, since it MUST buzz, as that "50%" perfect mathematical and physical frequency is the "path of least resistance".

As the muscles inside your lips become stronger and more accustomed to bigger (louder) vibrations - like the ones that you are currently trying to achieve - the double buzz tendancy will diminish and then disappear.

The physiology of accomplishing the projection that Sean wrote of involves having a perfect pattern of sine waves all the way across your embouchure where your lips meet each other. To increase the chance of this and thus to obtain more resonance (projection), work to just have a very small edge of your top and bottom lips meeting each other. The small edges meeting is accomplished by strong mouth corner muscles.

These are not accomplished overnight. Work hard, listen to yourself, and be patient.

Follow Ups: