Re: Recording Equipment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Harmon on November 01, 1999 at 15:53:21:

In Reply to: Recording Equipment posted by Joseph Felton on October 29, 1999 at 20:09:41:

Joseph,
I have several recording devices and have served me well. I have a Yamaha Pro DAT recorder that has been used for recording orchestra concerts that has exceptional sound and is a very robust unit that works well with higher end pro mics/preamps and or mixer. I also have a sony WM-D6C pro cassette recorder which I've liked, but I recently bought a Sharp minidisc recorder(that costs less than the WM-D6C) that has much higher quality sound(no noise or tape hiss) and is very easy to use. In fact, I think I would have to rent some $1000 mics to hear the difference between the minidisc and the DAT machine. Since I am not trying to release my own recordings(I mostly record myself for rehearsal purposes), the minidisc has become an excellent tool because it can instantly record, stop, play, erase, restart as many tracks as you like. My guess is, unless you plan on publishing or are post processing(add effects) your recording and can spend the money for high end pro gear, a minidisc with a good stereo mic is the way to go.

Follow Ups: