Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth Sloan on December 01, 2003 at 23:47:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: again posted by X-large CC new owner on November 30, 2003 at 15:09:19:

I find that pulling the top slides for 1 & 3 is a very effective way of eliminating a lot of water, but I suppose a few more water keys couldn't hurt - where did you put them?

As for the eternal Yamaha YBB-621 vs Weril debate, I tend to agree that they blow differently, but I'm not really competent to judge. I don't know the size of the Weril valves, but you are correct that the new King 2341 and the YBB-621 have about the same size valves - at about .69" (oh, alright, .689 and .687 - happy now?)

I am, indeed, "enjoying" the new King. The Yamaha was my "come-back" tuba, but the King is a workhorse - it's probably gotten as much use in 1 year as I put on the Yamaha in 5. I'm trying to put enough wear and tear on it to justify having someone completely tear it down and put it back together again...using a gig bag helps here (and sitting directly under an aerial fireworks display is even better!)

Follow Ups: