Re: Re: Re: Re: again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by X-large CC new owner on November 30, 2003 at 15:09:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: again posted by Kenneth Sloan on November 30, 2003 at 13:25:33:

With the addition of three more waterkeys (waterkeys that should be "stock") and some newly-learned minor tilts this-way-and-that (no spins) with this-or-that valve down and a whoosh of air on the mouthpiece, I've eventually "learned" how to empty my tuba without "spinning", as well...and no slide removal either - thanks to an hour or two adding some strategically-placed waterkeys.

Congratulations on getting the new King, Ken! btw, I think your Yamaha is really a little more different from a Weril 3/4 4-piston than just "workmanship". I think the Yamaha blows a bit differently because the "pro" series Yamaha 3/4 instruments (though they do share the same bell, bow, etc. with the 3/4 Yamaha "student" models) have a larger valveset bore than the student 3/4 Yamahas... The Weril 4-piston 3/4 tubas have about the same bore as the Yamaha "student" 3/4 3-piston tubas, and the Yamaha "pro" 3/4 tubas have a larger valveset bore...about the same valveset bore as your new King...correct?

Again, I hope you're really enjoying the King. Tom Mason brought one down to Memphis awhile back, and I was really impressed with the improvement over the old "smokestack" models.

-Joe

Follow Ups: