Re: Re: Tony E

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony E on November 26, 2003 at 20:02:29:

In Reply to: Re: Tony E posted by qualifiers on November 26, 2003 at 19:40:31:

Well, I'll probably need an instructor if I can ever manage to find one of these things. I've never owned any type of bass tuba...and to say I suck rocks at it would be an understatement. So, why not jump in and suck with style?

Seriously, though, I've decided to come out of my shell a bit and try a new challenge. I've wondered if it's not a bit late in the game to pick up new fingerings, but a number of friends have convinced me to give it a try (not my tuba playing friends of course...they're cringing). I could buy a new horn (checking that out too), but after my experience with the Holton project, I'm sort of partial to vintage instruments and the satisfaction that goes along with restoring an instrument at the same time you master it. No doubt the best modern designs are "better", but the vintage horns have their own appeal. We'll see if I've got the patience to find one and work with it.

In answer to your question: I'm not really sure what my high school band director would have to say about this.

Tony E

Follow Ups: