Re: Re: Re: Re: simple answers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on November 05, 2003 at 14:32:39:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: simple answers posted by Jarrod on November 05, 2003 at 10:38:12:

I don't read "only finalist" at the NY auditions as a "flavor choice",

and according to these "in the know" gurus, the winner of the D.C. audition was clear and unanimous as well..."flavor"?

It might be comforting to many to believe that lack of success is due to "taste" ("style" preferences, etc.) In reality (referring to my original post...the one that I guaranteed would spout flames, because it gets far too close to the nitty-gritty) those interested in such jobs should work to perfect the outlined exercise as much or more than the excerpts themselves. The standard excerpt list asks little of the truly technical nature. The excerpt list can be played, and a job can be won, by anyone with a musical head and the strength and control to superbly execute the outlined exercise.

Dismissing all of the argumentative and "what if" responses from those those who did NOT audition... Of those of you who DID audition, didn't advance, thought you played pretty well, and have TRIED the breath control exercise, how well can you execute it?

The answer to this question and what is done with the answer could be the key to someone's future success or failure.

I think what annoys so many with my posts is that I don't bother to dress them up with what I refer to as the "scholastically apologetic" language...words such as "perhaps", "sometimes", "might", "maybe", "usually", "apparently", etc...

...simple answers

Follow Ups: