Re: Re: Re: Marzan/Willson euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by hmmmm on November 20, 2001 at 12:25:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Marzan/Willson euphonium posted by Matt G on November 20, 2001 at 11:27:10:

This is not the same one that was up a few weeks back. This seems to be a completely different one, but I'm a bit skeptical about this guy.
Marzan horns were not built by Wilson. Marzan made his horns for a very short period of time and after that production period ended, the Wilson people asked Marzan if they could incorporate some of his designs into their euphoniums. This is why the two horns are so similar, but let me tell you...THEY ARE NOT THE SAME HORN. You'll have to play one of Marzan's to see...it really is like a tuba.
As for those of you who don't know about the compensation device the Marzan euphonium uses, check the bbs for a vast discussion took place on it.
Matt, I agree that the price is high. Marzan agrees that the price is high. I think the previous one went for about $1200 and it is a BEAUTY! Arnold Jacobs did play on a Marzan Euphonium, but I have trouble believing that this is the one. That whole "made by Wilson" thing kinda ruins it.

Follow Ups: