Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More travel protection???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 08, 2001 at 09:47:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: More travel protection??? posted by Jay Bertolet on November 07, 2001 at 18:54:35:

Jay, don't be tempted to change your case. It sounds like a much better arrangement than the Anvil case I've seen for a Yorkbrunner, which encased the entire instrument (although there has never been in damage in that case that I know of).

I just wish you could get that sort of case cheaply, and in a design that doesn't weight 100 pounds and require a bob-tail truck to tote around.

I built a flight case for my Miraphone many years ago. It has a frame of oak hardwood and a skin of quarter-inch plywood, plus real casters. But suspending the bell in mid-air was something I hadn't thought of at the time, and it isn't quite big enough to do that. But it still wouldn't fit in the back seat of the car, the result being that I didn't use it. I may have to try again, because it was much lighter than a Walt Johnson case, and cheaper, too.

Rick "who thinks the Meinl-Weston flight cases are similar to the one he built" Denney

Follow Ups: